Tuesday, April 3, 2018

A Little First Time For Everything List


On our last day at sea as the Triumph crossed the gulf on its way back to New Orleans, we soaked up the sun with a bit of sadness that our trip was drawing to a close. The night before I had gone to the salon to get my hair cut after seeing how fantastic Debi's hair turned out. The Scottish stylist, Emma knew exactly what I wanted before I finished explaining. She gave me a great cut and just when I thought she was finished she went back in and cut out what looked like enormous swaths of long hair.

There was a gasp from my entourage. We'd all been the cheering section for Debi when she got her hair cut and now they were there to be my moral support. There was a lot of hair on the floor. It looked amazing when she finished blowing it out and curling it.

It has never looked remotely like that one time since I returned home. 

Our last day at sea was extremely chilly compared to the other days. A cold snap had swept south while we were away so I was glad I'd made the most of the waterslide the day before. We spent our last day reading, laughing, and semi-packing. Packing to go away is so exciting. Packing to go home is always depressing. 


I decided since I've never been on a cruise without my husband before I would make this a trip of other firsts.



I kept a list in my travel journal: 

Girls' Trip Cruise

Having my picture made with the captain.

Getting my hair done.

Going to the dance club. (every night)

Having bacon at all 3 meals one day.

Shopping for jewelry while doing tequila shots

Doing the Cuban Shuffle in the ocean.

Getting a henna tattoo.

Dance party in a Mexican taxi.

Eating a Guy's Burger Joint burger. Ahem...on the daily. 

Trying almond and chocolate tequila.

Going to Guest Services myself to get my bill straightened out. (usually my husband's job)

Salsa lesson.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...