Monday, January 27, 2014

Beautiful Details


Some of my favorite things are books and some of the places I just wanted a few more minutes (okay, hours) were libraries and book stores. In Scotland one of the things that most surprised me was that I saw several men wearing kilts. Not as any kind of costume but with coats and ties, briefcases in hand.



The French know how to do lunch. These were the drinks included with our meal in Normandy along with coffee at the end which came with a little square of dark chocolate to melt into it. 


 One thing I always like is a silly photo op. In Invergordon, Scotland I couldn't resist this one since I was wearing yellow and all...


My love of post boxes is legendary. I'm sure people often wonder what in the world I'm doing.


Sometimes "things" just catch my eye.

 I got an entire blog post out of this beautiful picture of rocks on the coast of South Queensferry, Scotland. I even got a blog post out of this picture: Lessons from a Rocky Shoreline.


I discovered something amazingly delicious. A strawberry-lime cider brewed in Sweden. It's the kind of thing the offer you in pubs when you aren't fond of beer.



 I love this quote by C.S. Lewis in a bookstore on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. You could see the castle from where we sipped our coffee.


Am I the only one who thinks this is actually the really practical thing for men to be wearing...(ahem) comfort wise?


I happened into this library in Belfast with famous authors in stained glass above all the windows. Charming. 



Another picture from Trinity College Library. (sigh)


Several areas had up these cheerful banners and they just made me happy, which I'm sure is the point.

Another post box. (swoon)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...