Sunday, June 19, 2011

Homesick? Madame Owner?

I've almost come to the end of the story of Madame Owner's most recent excursion abroad. Usually I'm not actually a witness to ALL that I'm sharing with you. This story however, I was present for in it's entirety. 

It can't all be gelato and discos, can it? MO shared the whole pathetic story on her blog a couple of months ago so why should I trouble myself? I'm simply copying it.

 I was lucky enough to be in Athens. Before you get too jealous, let me share my experience there with you. Upon entering our room we all rushed to the window to get a look at our...

view.

Well, who cares? We aren't going to be in this room anyway! We are going to be out and about in Athens!

Things don't always go according to plan...we'd been in Athens only a couple of hours when I became ill was placed in a taxi and taken back to the hotel.




That lovely little bed on the right is where I spent the next 24 hours. I should have taken a picture of the ceiling, it's what I remember most clearly.  Finally just a few hours before boarding a flight to return home, my daughter begged me to at least ride the elevator up to the 12th floor to see the Parthenon in the distance.


I dragged myself (looking like a walking corpse) to the elevator. On the way I leaned over to take this pic of the staircase...

made me dizzy.


The rooftop view was lovely and the fresh air probably did some good, but frankly I hoped to see no one.

I didn't want to scar anyone for life. 

I was frightening I tell you.

At one point I looked so bad I nearly took a pic but decided I had to draw the line somewhere about what to share with you on this blog.

But oh, how entertained you would have been!

Or, maybe you'd have had nightmares...



The Parthenon was lovely even from this distance.
It could not compare at this moment however, to a little red brick house I was longing for.

Me, homesick?

Oh my...there really is a first time for everything.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...