Saturday, September 4, 2010

She Came Down to My Level

I have a lot to say about a trip she took me on last year, but I'll start at the end, sort of. She ended up on the floor of an Italian villa overlooking Rome. She wasn't sick or even drunk but she was laughing so hard that once she got down there she couldn't get up. I've never seen anyone laugh so hard. I've never seen her so happy, and I've seen her pretty happy. Have you heard people say that they were "rolling on the floor laughing"? Well people really do it! Who knew? She and her friend describe this trip as "life changing". I don't really know why they say that except that maybe it had something to do with the floor that night.

 It had been a lovely week already and things got better and better as the week went on. By the time they got to the final leg of the trip and found their room, they had already been discussing (somewhat jokingly) that they just weren't going home. It would take Italian Immigration forever to find them and from some of what they'd seen they doubted they'd be immediately deported. So when they opened the door to their accommodations they literally jumped up and down and I was momentarily forgotten outside. Finally I was
brought in and saw the source of the excitement. It was beautiful. Gorgeous furniture, a real wood burning fireplace flat screen TV and massive bathroom. She had seen everything she had gone there to see; the canals of Venice, beautiful Tuscany, The Colloseum. There had also been more than a few surprises...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...